Open Forum

communities_1.jpg

Mental Health First Aid (Australia) Upcoming Course

• 1.  Mental Health First Aid (Australia) Upcoming Course

I'mLinkedIn
    Posted 02-10-2023 11:04 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am a Professional Member of RI as a Mediator, FDRP and Parenting Co-ordinator.  As a fellow practitioner I have an opportunity for you to add value and broaden your practice as I have.

I sit on a number of panels at Tribunals and Commissions working in the commercial, family and workplace space. I am seeing an ever increasing rise in parties disclose negative mental health impacts that the current economic climate, work demands and post COVID dilemmas are causing in personal and professional lives.  

A large part of my practice includes working with mentally injured workers under the Workers Compensation Framework.  A Mental Health First Aid certificate is compulsory, but it expanded my practice to this space.

The Mental Health First Aid (Australia) course is the only evidence based course that offers accreditation for 3 years after completing the course and successfully sitting an open book, multiple choice, online quiz (and you don't have to sit the quiz if you prefer not to, but is required for accreditation).  

The knowledge and skill I learned when I completed the course offered me the confidence to have an appropriate and helpful conversation about mental health problems in community and workplaces, make sound judgements with assessing suitability of mediation and assisting impacted parties to seek professional help/support to build on their resilience to meaningfully participate in mediation/negotiation processes when able.  

I am so passionate about the learning outcomes of the course that I am a licensed Instructor for Mental Health First Aid (Australia). I am leading my next in-person course on 16 & 17 October 2023 at Graduate House located on the University of Melbourne campus at 220 Leicester Street, Carlton.

The course is fully catered (morning and afternoon tea and lunch), commences at 09:00am and finishes at 5pm(ish), always up for an early mark if possible and you'll receive a complementary mental health first aid manual which is an excellent source for professional support referral.  

To register, just visit coaching.mediatorhub.com and provide contact and invoicing details for taxation purposes.  Once you pay $395 including GST per person, you'll receive your confirmation and further information about onsite parking (additional fee charged by Graduate House) and the conference room.  Registrations for this course close on 9 October 2023.  If you miss registration, contact me at angela@mediatorhub.com and I'll keep you updated on the next course offering.  Importantly, courses will be delivered in person in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney in the coming months and next year. 

------------------------------
    Angela Little
    Director, Mediator, FDRP and Parenting Co-ordinator
    Dispute Resolution Collective Pty Ltd T/as Mediator Hub
    Southbank VIC
    ------------------------------