Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
Expand all | Collapse all

Restorative Justice and Practice Sub-Committee - Invitation to express interest to join.

• 1.  Restorative Justice and Practice Sub-Committee - Invitation to express interest to join.

I'mLinkedIn
    Posted 05-10-2023 10:07 AM
      |   view attached

Resolution Institute has recently established a Restorative Justice and Practice Sub-Committee. this invitation to express interest to join is being posted on behalf of the Chair of the Sub-Committee, Deb Black. 

Restorative Justice and Practice Sub-Committee - Invitation to express interest to join.

I have recently had the privilege of being invited by Resolution Institute to Chair a new Restorative Justice/Practice Sub Committee falling approved by the RIFC Resolution Inst Facilitative Committee, reporting to the Board.  For those who do not know me, I have included a short bio relating to my experience as both a mediator and RJ engagement Facilitator.

I'm really excited about this opportunity to work under the guidelines of RI and with the approval of the Board and RIFC and CEO Amber Williams to explore and develop how we can best support our members and their communities by providing expert and current information and resources in the field of Restorative Justice and Practice.

In line with our RI Sub Committee Protocols, I would like to extend an invitation to interested members to apply through our ROI process to join our new Restorative Justice/Practice Sub Committee

Purpose:                                  The Sub-committees is being formed to look at matters that may affect Resolution Institute members.  This may include the advancement of practice or addressing issues that relate to the Restorative Justice/Practice sector.

Eligibility criteria:                   Financial members of Resolution Institute with an interest in this particular field.

Sub Committee size:               10 Members + Chair

Meeting Commitment:           Meet at least once each quarter, although there may be 2 meetings per quarter as we set the Sub Committee up in the initial stages.

Membership role:                   Voluntary

Meeting medium:                   Virtual meetings

How to apply:                          Submit your EOI using this link with a short introductory letter covering your reason for wanting to participate in the Sub Committee and a short bio outlining your experience.

EOI Closes:                              COB Friday 20th October

Deb Blacks bio is attached for your information. 

https://forms.office.com/r/Dn8f6U9H70

------------------------------
    Amber Williams
    CEO
    Resolution Institute

Attachment(s)

docx
    Short bio Deb Black.docx   50 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Restorative Justice and Practice Sub-Committee - Invitation to express interest to join.

Posted 09-10-2023 11:14 AM

It is so great to see this getting going. To my mind, for RI to claim to be in the business of "Excellence in Dispute Resolution" we need to lift our game in the Restorative Practice/Justice area in Australia. Through our long involvement in New Zealand with RP/RJ, we are well placed to expand our involvement in Australia. 

I'm very grateful that Deb Black has stepped up to lead this new and exciting subcommittee. 

Good luck to all those on the new subcommittee and those supporting it. 

Toby Shnookal 

Director RI  

Toby (Benjamin Andrew) Shnookal
    KC, Arbitrator, Expert Determiner, Mediator, Dipute Avoidance Boards
    Expert Determiner Chambers
    Melbourne VIC

• 3.  RE: Restorative Justice and Practice Sub-Committee - Invitation to express interest to join.

Posted 09-10-2023 03:57 PM

How Marvellous to see the Resolution Institute giving this Restorative Justice initiative wings and great news that SA RJ leader and advocate Deb Black is stepping up to lead the Committee.  As a former Director of the RJ Unit in the ACT, I am excited to put my hand up and be part of a group considering restorative approaches to community problems and conflict. Although RJ is voluntary and requires attention to safety and suitability requirements (ie not for everyone) I have seen first-hand and repeatedly, the profound outcomes that can be achieved when people are supported to have a voice and empowered to find solutions to their own conflict and justice issues.

Amanda Lutz
    Restorative Justice Facilitator
    WILLIAMSTOWN SA
    0403 962 816