Open Forum

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  The MediatorBot - a 24/7 resource to ask questions about mediation

Early Adopter
    Posted 02-04-2023 11:44 AM

hi all,

This AI based bot answers questions based on the work of Dr John Haynes (1932-1999), and it replies as him.  Of course it is not the late Dr Haynes, and just does it's best on the contextual data it has been fed.  My intention is to keep the legacy of this ground-breaking mediator alive and relevant to practitioners. You can ask the bot questions related to dilemmas in your practice or just to try and get insights and ideas about topics you are interested in. 

Be aware that the queries and responses are not confidential.   

This is the link to access the space:
    https://huggingface.co/spaces/peterpull/MediatorBot

the queries and responses are recorded and are public at the moment as they are appended to a log file:
    peterpull/MediatorBot · Datasets at Hugging Face

This is a hobby project and is not associated with my employer.

best regards,
    Peter

• 2.  RE: The MediatorBot - a 24/7 resource to ask questions about mediation

Posted 22-06-2023 02:09 PM

Hi

this is an amazing development . I will give it a try sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Will Cronan

------------------------------
    William Cronan
    William Cronan Solicitor
    Bellingen NSW
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: The MediatorBot - a 24/7 resource to ask questions about mediation

Early Adopter
    Posted 22-06-2023 02:36 PM

thanks William

This just shows how AI can be used to interact with a specific knowledge base. John Haynes doesn't leave behind a very big internet presence, so I'm not expecting people to find this very useful.  Give it a go!

Some Aussie consulting and legal firms are uploading voluminous precedents/documets and using AI in a similar way now.  The bigger the dataset and the more you pay for computing power = better results.

Peter