In this role you will head up our Legal Support function and will be responsible for providing legal practice advice, coordination and support to the WIC Arbitration and Conciliation Services.
You will ensure that Senior Arbitration Officers, Arbitration Officers and Conciliation Officers are provided with consistent, high-quality operational and strategic legal advice so they can make well-informed and sound decisions free of legal error. You will bring your unique perspectives and expertise to help turn our proud legacy into a bright future.
As the Legal Support function becomes more established, it is expected that this position will take a lead role within the team, supporting WIC to deliver and maintain a consistent, high-quality arbitration and conciliation service.
Providing leadership, direction, and a collaborative mindset, you will:
- Provide specialist, timely legal advice and expertise to the Arbitration and Conciliation teams relating to legal issues or questions of law arising from, or in relation to conciliations, arbitrations, hearings and case management
- Work closely with the Arbitration Service to ensure that Senior Arbitration Officers and Arbitration Officers are aware of particular legal issues relating to arbitration and hearings, and are supported to make sound and proper decisions
- Provide legal advice and support to other areas within WIC as required
- Lead and manage a team in the delivery of a high performing and efficient legal support service in a way that meets operational objectives and legislative requirements
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and service excellence through the achievement of individual and team-based goals and objectives
Salary range: $180,548 per annum (plus super) + incredible career opportunities + excellent mentoring and support
For the full job advertisement and details on how to apply, please click here
Applications close 28 September 2022.
Applications will be reviewed throughout the application period, and interviews may commence before the application period expires.
Rukmini Sengupta Roy